New Social Playground Includes Upscale Casual Dining, over 100 Amusement Games, a Live Performance Space, Axe Throwing and Virtual Reality
TORONTO, April 30, 2018 /CNW/ – (TSX: CGX) – London social seekers now have a new hot-spot for ‘Eats and Entertainment,’ with the opening of the city’s first location of The Rec Room at CF Masonville Place today. Located at 1680 Richmond Street in London, Ontario, The Rec Room brings together incredible dining experiences with exciting live entertainment and amusement gaming experiences, all under one roof. Click here to watch a video tour of The Rec Room.
“Half of the 35,000 square foot complex is devoted to dining and live entertainment and the other half devoted to amusement games and attractions,” said Ellis Jacob, President and CEO, Cineplex. “The Rec Room at CF Masonville Place is the perfect destination for a night out with friends, group celebrations and corporate events.”
“We are so pleased to see Cineplex continue to invest in London and bring us The Rec Room,” said Matt Brown, Mayor of London, Ontario. “It will undoubtedly be a draw for our region and an exciting attraction for all Londoners. The Rec Room is even further proof that London is leading in culture, dining and entertainment.”
A destination that puts food first, The Rec Room serves the very best in wood-fired, Canadian-inspired cuisine that has the perfect pairing for any occasion.
- Three10 is an upscale casual restaurant that is playfully named after Canada’s three territories and 10 provinces. Its menu features familiar items that have been elevated and transformed through fresh ingredients and innovative cooking techniques.
- The Shed is The Rec Room’s quick service destination that includes a custom donut bar, as well as a poutinerie that serves delectable toppings like smoked brisket, porchetta and wild mushrooms.
- In addition to spirits and signature cocktails, multiple bars throughout the space serve six draught wines and 16 draught beers, including local favourites from Anderson Craft Ales, Cowbell Brewing and Forked River Brewing Company.
- Hosting a private meeting, corporate event or holiday party? The Rec Room space can be customized for any occasion and includes a private den for parties and events. Whether you are hosting a gathering of 20 friends or a launch party with 750 guests, The Rec Room’s delicious food and huge entertainment area strike the perfect balance between work and play.
The Rec Room is the social playground for anyone, and everyone – there’s always something going on to make things a little more interesting.
- The Rec Room features an 8,450 square foot attractions area called The Yard where guests can play over 100 amusement games. Credits and points earned are tracked on RFID bracelets and can be redeemed at The Trophy Case redemption store for a wide array of prizes – everything from retro candy to drones, and whisky stones to portable speakers.
- Those up to the challenge can test their axe throwing skills, immerse themselves in a virtual reality experience, or compete against friends at classic favourites like billiards, air hockey and ping pong.
- Offering both live and programmed entertainment, visitors at The Rec Room can look forward to musical acts, bands, comedians, a dance floor and an event space featuring screens with high-definition presentation.
- Don’t have tickets to catch the big game in-person? Watch it on over 50 screens throughout The Rec Room!
- In addition to redemption opportunities and promotions throughout The Rec Room, guests can also earn SCENE points on food and fun.
The Rec Room is part of Cineplex, one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media companies, and leverages its existing industry-leading entertainment, amusement gaming, food service, content creation, digital media and operational capabilities. Cineplex plans to open 10-15 new locations of The Rec Room over the coming years, each ranging in size from 35,000-50,000 square feet and customized to the individual community. In addition to the London location which opens today, Cineplex operates four other locations of The Rec Room in South Edmonton (AB), West Edmonton Mall (AB), Toronto (ON) and Calgary (AB) and has announced plans for complexes in Mississauga (ON), Vancouver (BC), St. John’s (NL) and Winnipeg (MB).
About The Rec Room
The Rec Room is Canada’s premier ‘Eats & Entertainment’ destination that brings together incredible dining, amusement gaming, technology and live entertainment experiences all under one roof. Part of Cineplex, The Rec Room is a premier social destination and the ultimate gathering spot for corporate events, groups and parties. While each location is customized to the individual community, The Rec Room concept features multiple dining environments and a wide range of entertainment options including a large amusement games area featuring state-of-the-art simulation, feature attractions and redemption games as well as an auditorium-style space perfect for musical acts, bands and comedians. For more information, visit TheRecRoom.com or follow the action on social media through Facebook (@TheRecRoomLondon), Twitter (@TheRecRoomCA), Snapchat (@TheRecRoomCA) and Instagram (@TheRecRoomCA).
A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
CONTACT: Media Relations contact: Sarah Van Lange, Director, Communications, Sarah.VanLange@Cineplex.com, 647-287-9582; Investor Relations contact: Pat Marshall, Vice President, Communications and Investor Relations, Pat.Marshall@Cineplex.com, 416-323-6648
Web Site: www.cineplex.com